My blog suffered a little while we were preparing for our family vacation and then being gone for 9 days. What a wonderful time! We had such a great vacation. We took our little family to SeaWorld in San Diego for two days and then up to Disneyland for three days. I must say that our children traveled very well for the long drives, and for that I am very grateful. On the way home they were just so tired that they slept a lot of the way. I am also so grateful that my parents were with us for the Disneyland part. It sure made it nice to have other adults that could carry our heavy children. (We only had a one seater stroller and the two of them got pooped on a continual basis.)
And I know that Kevin enjoyed having someone to ride the "big kid" rides with. (I don't think I've mentioned on my blog that I am expecting #3.) Being about 4 months pregnant, there were quite a few rides I wasn't allowed on. The ones I was really sad about missing was California Screamer in California Adventures and Indiana Jones in Disneyland. They are 2 of my favorite. I did get to go on some good ones though. I took over 400 pictures on the trip, so it might be hard to choose just a few to put on here. I'm so excited to get scrapbooking on it. So here is a mini-version of our fabulous week in California.
FANTASTIC! We all loved it. 
And I know that Kevin enjoyed having someone to ride the "big kid" rides with. (I don't think I've mentioned on my blog that I am expecting #3.) Being about 4 months pregnant, there were quite a few rides I wasn't allowed on. The ones I was really sad about missing was California Screamer in California Adventures and Indiana Jones in Disneyland. They are 2 of my favorite. I did get to go on some good ones though. I took over 400 pictures on the trip, so it might be hard to choose just a few to put on here. I'm so excited to get scrapbooking on it. So here is a mini-version of our fabulous week in California.We started our week at Sea World in San Diego. I had never been, so it was totally fun for me. The kids headed straight over to the Sesame Street side with a few rides and some of the characters came out to meet us on Day #2.
We enjoyed seeing all of the sea animals and watching Shamu was AWESOME! Vance liked the penguins and dolphins and he is still going around chanting "SHAMU! SHAMU!" Breanna did not like sitting still through any of the shows, probably because it was very hot--in the 90's and she was too far to really see the action.
She did however like the little aquariums that were in the dark. The turtles and frogs were animals she squealed when she saw. She also loved the polar bear.
I was totally amazed with how big Shamu is and what cool things they did with the trainers. That was my favorite part.
We enjoyed seeing all of the sea animals and watching Shamu was AWESOME! Vance liked the penguins and dolphins and he is still going around chanting "SHAMU! SHAMU!" Breanna did not like sitting still through any of the shows, probably because it was very hot--in the 90's and she was too far to really see the action.
She did however like the little aquariums that were in the dark. The turtles and frogs were animals she squealed when she saw. She also loved the polar bear.
I was totally amazed with how big Shamu is and what cool things they did with the trainers. That was my favorite part.Monday night, after our first day in Sea World, we did take a quick little drive to the beach. The kids loved it, and both accidentally fell in the water.
(We didn't really plan to go to the beach then and didn't bring swim suits at that point. Oh, well. Sandy, salty clothes are fun when you are 2 and 4 right?)
(We didn't really plan to go to the beach then and didn't bring swim suits at that point. Oh, well. Sandy, salty clothes are fun when you are 2 and 4 right?)Tuesday night it was off to Anaheim to get ready for Disneyland and California Adventures! We decided 3 days is almost not enough! There were so many things to do and see and experience! Next time we'll have to extend our stay!
We had a blast even though Vance is NOT a fan of the rides. Almost every single one, he sat there with his hat down covering his eyes. Probably because we started out with the scary Snow White ride. Not smart on our part, but we did find some rides that he DID enjoy.
Brea loved the carrousels and anything that sent her spinning. We had breakfast one morning with Lilo and Stitch and a few other characters showed up too. 
We had a blast even though Vance is NOT a fan of the rides. Almost every single one, he sat there with his hat down covering his eyes. Probably because we started out with the scary Snow White ride. Not smart on our part, but we did find some rides that he DID enjoy.
Brea loved the carrousels and anything that sent her spinning. We had breakfast one morning with Lilo and Stitch and a few other characters showed up too. 
FANTASTIC! We all loved it. 





3 comments:
Holy Cow! What a sneaky way to announce being prego! Congrats! How are you feeling?
Congratulations about your pregnancy! That's exciting! I'm glad you had a good time in California!
What a fun fun trip! You got to fit so many things in. Glad you got to go, but then have to come home to the cold. Brrrr.
Post a Comment