I'm going to try and quickly recap from Sept.-now -(early Dec.) before I get my Christmas post in. A lot has happened, but I'll just review the big events. First things first...Vance began Kindergarten! I can't believe it! It seems like both he and I had been waiting for this day. He was so excited and has been doing very well since then. He cracks me up, because he gets a little bummed when it's a "school day", but then, when we get in the driveway of the school, he lights up, and then can't stop talking about what they did--when I pick him up. He's a crazy little kid.


Next on the list of big events for our family was Vance's 6th birthday in November. This kid thinks he is invincible now that he is 6. He had a ton of fun taking 2 friends to dinner and then having Transformers birthday fun afterward.


Next on the list of events, was Thanksgiving. We were able to take 5 days off and go to my parents' for the holiday. It was so nice to relax and to visit with family, especially some of my extended family on my mom's side who was there to party as well. And the weekend started off right with BYU winning against Utah that Friday night. Kevin was thrilled.

Who knew that popsicles were at the first Thanksgiving feast. Ha Ha!
Here's our little Indian and Pilgrim. They both made these at school.
After Thanksgiving weekend, we came home and I went down to Salt Lake on Monday to decorate a small tree for the Festival of trees in Sandy. It's an even that happens every year, and we have gone 3 times in the last 6 years because Kevin's aunt and uncle have done a tree. It is awesome because all proceeds go to Primary Children's Medical Center. I have wanted to do a small tree for a while and this year, I did it! For my first try I must say, it wasn't too bad and I found out that it did sell at the auction and for not too bad of a price. A big, big thank you to my mother and father-in-law who came down with me to help decorate. It was much needed help. 
That weekend, the 4th, was Breanna's birthday! I can't believe our little girl is 4! It is crazy! We had a fun family party, that even G & G Harker drove down to help celebrate. She chose Burger King for dinner and Curious George decorations--which is quite appropriate since Brea is quite the little monkey, and always getting into trouble.
Here is our princess on her bouncy cow she got for her birthday. Only Brea...
Now, since her birthday we have really been getting ready for Christmas. We put up our tree the first of Dec. and are planning some fun things for next week when the kids are out of school. One other non-Christmas related thing we did do, was cut Breanna's hair. It was so long, and pretty (when it was combed) and she screamed like crazy every time we tried to brush it. So, being the mother that I am and not wanting to deal with the screaming, took a pair of scissors to it and cut off 5 inches and most of her curls. I killed me to do it, but I know it was for my own sanity. It actually looks really cute on her and it's still pretty long. (Pardon the panties in the pictures.) Before...
...After
Well, that seems to be it, at least all I have pictures for. I'll be posting again, for our Christmas letter, and I'm sure we'll have some fun times during Christmas break we'll share.
...After





1 comment:
Glad to see you are still around. Looks like life is wonderful!
Post a Comment