I'll start out with the JUST HEARD, cuz it a funny too, and then I'll move on to the long catch up. On the radio yesterday I heard a commercial for Rhode's rolls. I heard things totally wrong and it made me laugh. I wish someone besides my kids were there to laugh with me. Here's hoping you laugh too, to make me feel better. The commercial was for Rhode's WARM & SERVE rolls. I thought the man said MORMON SERVE. HA! HA! HA! HA! Ya, I think I've lived in Utah too long. :)
First off...Brigham's 2nd birthday! What a stinkin' cute 2 year old we have! We celebrated a teeny bit on Sunday the 6th when we had both sets of grandparents here for Lexie's blessing, and a lot of cousins. Instead of having everyone coming back less than a week later, on his REAL birthday, we just put a candle in one of the cookies we had and sang to him then. He was pretty excited.
Then we celebrated on his official birthday, the 12th, by taking him to get pictures taken, which he hated. Then we got to eat out, and came home and had presents to open, and topped off the night with a Buzz Lightyear cake. (He is so into Toy Story, it's driving Breanna nuts! That's all he ever chooses to watch! That, or CARS.) It was a pretty fun day. We sure love this kid!
Next fun thing...we bought an outdoor fire pit. Yes, we are cop-outs and bought a metal fire pit instead of digging one in our back yard, but this will save us some grass/garden space. This way we can roast hot dogs and marshmallows on our back porch. YEAH! We used it the night we bought it, even though it was FREEZING cold outside, and it was late. But the kids had a ball.
Lexie watched all the fun from inside, but I did wrap her up and bring her out toward the end of our adventure.
Here are some fun pictures I just had to post. It shows what we do on a normal day here in the Nelson home. The blue glasses are ones that I had as a kid. It's amazing that they're still in tact. The funny face glasses Breanna got for her prize at the dentist. (It was Vance and Brea's first trip to the dentist, and it wasn't terrible!)
I think this kid was Groucho Marx in a former life.
SO FUNNY!
You have just gotta LOVE this kid!
Now you know the REAL me.
And since I was a little disappointed in the pictures that Kiddie Kandid's did, I decided to try and get some good ones of Lexie myself. I took a bunch, and these are my faves. (I realized after the whole traumatic episode at the KK studio that we didn't get any of Lexie alone in this cute outfit. I bought it specific, just for pictures, and only had her in it for the group shots...so here are her individuals.)
I LOVE THIS ONE!
Last but not least...Breanna and Vance has offically started soccer. Practices started in March, but this week is the first of REAL games. It is Breanna's first season, and it has already proven to be a little bit of a trial. Practices were brutal, with her attention only lasting for the first 15 - 20 minutes. Then she whined and cried, asking to sit, have a treat, or most often--go play on the playground; which so conveniently sits right by her soccer field. Yesterday was her first game and she actually did much better than I anticipated. She actually ran a little bit, and kicked the ball a few times. And as goalie she had one really good stop, and only got scored on once. She tried to sit out with the other team a couple times, stopped to pull up grass and watch it fly when she threw it up in the wind, and asked for her "after-game treat" a handful of times. The playground was only brought up a couple times, and NO WHINING! Yeah!!! We were so excited. Her soccer loving dad was fairly pleased, and now wants to work on her technique. Me--I'm just glad I didn't have to run out there with her. We'll see how the next 4 weeks go. I hope we survive.
Vance's first game was supposed to be tonight, but it was canceled on account of rain and lightning. He was super bummed, because he was scheduled to play against his cousin, but he'll get another chance to do so in May. So, I'll have to post his pictures another day.
We did have spring break this last week, but I took no pictures. We had a super good time. Kevin took a day off of work, and had a down day, so we were able to get there on Wed. night, and stay until Sunday afternoon. It was soooooo nice to be there. I was able to watch my Sr. niece in her track meet, help my sister run the long jump at that same track meet, have family pictures taken, go to the temple with my parents, sister and Kev, go swimming, and just enjoy being with my family. It was great! I LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!
So I think that does it. If I forgot anything I will update another time.
























3 comments:
So seriously this whole post made me laugh a lot. You are a nerd for coming up with the cheesy title, but I loved it. Brigham is dang cute. I love his cheese smiles. I also loved the glasses pictures of all of you.
Hi Marissa! how did I miss seeing you when you were home? I would love to the next time...so if you have to, come and find me!!
love,
liz
ps.beautiful kids!
Those pics of Lexie smiling are so cute!
Post a Comment