Wednesday, August 13, 2008

GIRL'S CAMP!

It's fun to see that so many of my friends went to Girl's Camp this year as leaders. I was able to join in that fun as well. Thanks to my mom who came to babysit for 3 days, my in-laws who pitched in for a day and Kevin who took care of our little rug-rats every evening and the Friday that I got home. What a sweetie! Even though I missed my family we had a lot of fun. I took like 80 pictures, so this is the condensed version.
The second day we took our hike to what they call Legacy Lake. It was a pretty good hike and absolutely gorgeous. When we made it to the lake they had life jackets, canoes, and paddleboats waiting for us on the beach.


Kind of crazy to have this many girls, leaders, canoes and paddleboats all in the lake at the same time. I didn't see too many collisions, so they did pretty well.


The day before we left our ward took it's turn on the Challenge Course. There were some amazing challenges and physical and mental problems the girls had to work out. This was probably the toughest, but the most rewarding. Climb up this big, fat, really tall tree and then...














...shimmy your way across to the other side and repel down. By the way, you only have a single cable to walk on and a single cable to hold on to. What a challenge! It was very tough for some, but it definately got everyone's heart pumping. Including mine. (Unfortunately my camera died right before I got to do it, so I'll have to get one from another leader to prove I actually did it!)




And one of my girls swiped my camera while I was trying to climb up to my top bunk. It makes me wonder why we used to fight over who got on top. Now, I'd much rather be closer to the floor. Just because it's easier to get in and out of, not that I'm scared of heights. I think I proved that on the high wire.




What a week! Thanks girls!

1 comment:

Anne Bennion said...

Oh the fun of Girls Camp! It always puts a smile on my face to remember Girls Camp. I am glad that you had a great time. Maybe someday soon I will graduate from Primary and be able to be in Young Womens again and can go to camp!