Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Attempt to recap the summer...or at least June.

Wow! Have we had a very fun, very busy, very memorable summer. Our weekends were filled with so much, during the week it was all I could do to get some normalcy back in our lives, and keep up on laundry and housework. Although I haven't done a very good job at that last one. I am trying now, since we don't have much left for the last weekend of the summer. So here we go. Let's start at the very beginning...."a very good place to start". (for those of you Sound of Music fans.)

The first weekend in June, Kevin and I took Vance to a REAL Salt Lake soccer game. We left B & B with an aunt and uncle. It was tons of fun, but got a little cooler than we expected. By the end of the game Vance was freezing. Luckily the lady next to us, over-did the blankets and coats for her kids and let us borrow one. I knew Kevin wanted to go to watch the game, as he is a big fan, but I really wanted to go because David Archuletta was singing the National Anthem to start the game and then doing a mini-concert after the game. I can't tell which one Vance liked better. He sure was enjoying dancing while David A. was singing. Here are some fun pics of the evening.
Way to go REAL! They ended up in a tie, but I guess that's better than losing!
I am not one of those crazy-screaming fans of David A., but the boy DOES got talent!
Kevin and his boy. What fun they had.

The second weekend in June, I left Kevin at home for the weekend and took the kids to St. George for my mom's side of the family's family reunion. I was very grateful that my parents went with us to help me with the 3 little ones and to join in the fun. It was nice to visit with my cousins and aunts and uncles. I didn't take too many pictures because I left the camera in the hotel while we had our "big day of fun" at the local rec center, so you get to see our game night at my uncles house. Thanks to the McGary's for a great weekend!

Here is Vance with my cousin's little boy Daniel. They are only 3 months apart in age. They had a ball playing together all weekend.

My uncle Kirk, and Breanna. He said she was so entertaining, he wanted to rent her. I'm all for it!

The 3rd weekend in July was Father's day and a lot of Kevin's family was here for that. We partied from Friday on through Sunday. Friday night we all went to the Drive-In movies for a couple of good flicks and really good treats. We absolutely love the drive-in!

Brigham had a great seat for the movies!

Hey when does the movie start?Here's part of the gang!Me and my cute boys, ready for some good movie watchin'!

The 4th weekend of June, my sister and her family came to visit and play for a while. The Monday following, I turned 30 and we celebrated real good. We actually didn't stop celebrating. I bought birthday doughnuts from a local shop I absolutely love, during the day we broke out the Slip-n-slide for the kids and then that night we all went to dinner together and I got a free brownie dessert, followed by some good gifts at home. I still can't believe I'm 30, but it's not as bad as everyone thinks. Maybe 31 might be the realy kicker, cuz then I'm really out of my twenties. We went bowling the next night, and then the following day we left for my parents' cabin. Party week! It ended with the 4th of July and fireworks! What fun.

Here are the kids ready to SLIP & SLIDE!PSYCHO 30-YEAR OLD ON THE LOOSE!HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! (w/Shayla, McKoy, Lynae, Vance & Kymra)Here are my guys bowling.


Well, that gets you through June. I'll have to do another one tomorrow to continue the catching up through-July.

1 comment:

Colle said...

whoa you guys have been super busy! I have never been to a drive in, I should go sometime. Well I am glad to know that 30 doesn't feel that old. I am excited to read what you did in the month of july!