So, I have to share these little chuckles from the last week. First of all, my smarty-pants, Vance. We were watching The Bachelor last week, yes, I'm a huge fan, and it got to the part where Jake took 2 girls on a date and was going to give a rose to one and the other was going home. (Kathleen and Ella, for those of you who follow. :) They had a lovely, or awkward however you want to look at it, dinner together, and then he took Ella outside. I thought she was going to get the boot...which she did. Then he went back inside to Kathleen and he didn't give her the rose either! Holy smokes! I was a bit shocked, but this boy is doing things a little different this time. He is very much doing his own thing. With no girls to give the rose, he took the flower outside to the firepit and threw it in the fire. Right then, my smart little 6 year old boy says "Fire--will you accept this rose?" and he laughs. Needless to say, SO DID I! I about fell off the couch. Such a funny little boy.
Next, my sweet Breanna. She is just getting to the point where her speech is pretty understandable and we can now hold some conversations. As Kevin is still doing the sports program for the Stake, at least for the time being, he is gone a lot right now doing basketball things. The other day she woke up and Kevin was gone doing basketball games. She asked "where's daddy?" I said, "At the church doing basketball." She says in reply "Oh. They shoot it in the hula hoop?" Again, I had to chuckle. I know I'd love to play with a basket the size of a hula hoop instead of the rim as it is. I'm sure I'd make more points.
I love these kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment