I feel like I am dead and gone as a blogger lately. I have been spending most of my "online" time doing classes since last September. I have been taking these online classes to renew my teaching license so I can keep that up to date. Yeehaw...I am finally done! I turned in the last assignment last week and checked things out on Monday and I passed. I'm so excited. Now I have another 10 years of a current teaching license. (Well, as soon as all the paperwork goes through.)
So, I feel as though I need to catch up on us a little, but I don't want it to be overwhelming to me, or the reader. I'll do my best to hit only the major events.
March was a fun month which brought Brigham's first birthday. I can hardly believe it! My little man is 1! He is such a sweet heart, and has a contageous smile. We had a ton of fun on his birthday as we rode down to Salt Lake City on the FrontRunner train, and went to Disney On Ice. Brea absolutely loved it because we got to see Princess Tiana before the show started, and a major part of the show was Tinkerbell, two of her absolute favorites right now. Vance loved it because Lightning McQueen opened the show along with other cast members of CARS. And Brigham seemed to enjoy it, even though he fell asleep for the last half hour of the show. We all had a great time, and were glad that G & G Harker were able to come and join in the fun with us. Cake and ice cream afterwards with family was delicious and fun as well. I had fun decorating the cake as always. This birthday's theme: Baby Elmo and friends.
March also brought the beginning of Spring soccer for Vance. He has absolutly enjoyed it and has played really well this year. He has scored multiple goals this season and really loves having 2 of his buddies from the ward on his team. And he has also found it exciting that he has played against a few friends from his Kindergarten class. He is so fun to watch. I'm grateful it ends this week, but then we only have a one week break, and then T-ball starts. I look forward to the time when he has to decide which sport he's going to stick with, instead of the experiment-them-all-stage, we are in now.
April started with a fun Easter weekend at my parents' house and the traditional Easter Egg Hunt. There was fun for all. Brigham started walking 2 days before the hunt, so it was fun to watch him slowly get around and fall on his fanny every 2-3 steps. Good fun, good treats-n-eats. Thanks Mom & Dad.
Easter was also the start of our Spring Break, which we decided to stay in Melba for a while. Kevin and I got a much needed night away from the kids, and then I got to help out at the H.S. track meet and watch my oldest neice run. I was in heaven. It didn't even matter that it was freezing cold, that I could hardly feel my fingers, that the meet went SUPER-LONG, and that I was starving, but I was back on my old stomping ground, watching one of my absolute favorite sports. I know many of you think I am totally loopy because I loved (and still do) to run, but some of my best memories were at track meets and some of my greatest friends were made during the meets and practices. I miss it a ton. It was a great time back home.
After spring break, I started Breanna in a dance class, so she would have something for her to be excited for. She gets so excited to go, it's awesome. And it's good for her to be active.
So, here we are in the first week of May already and I have been super busy. I have helped with Teacher Appreciation week at Vance's school, I have TRIED to clean house, I've had some random appointments this week, it's Vance's last soccer game tomorrow, I'm trying to get ready for Mother's Day and I just finished up my last class to help me renew my teaching license. Wahoo. I can't believe we're on the door step of summer. Life continues to go, and I am pretty happy about that. So, that's the run-down. Maybe now that my relicensing classes are done, I can use my computer time to blog now. I'm excited about that. Wishing all a happy spring day!












1 comment:
I can't believe how much your kids have grown! You have such a cute little family!
Post a Comment