Monday, June 21, 2010

Get Ready for the down-low!

 It has been so long since I've posted.  I was looking at how many posts I did in the year 2009, and I am WAY behind schedule.  I don't know what my deal is.  Well...I do know that for some reason it just takes longer for me to get my pictures from camera to computer.  I almost feel guilty whenever I want to get on the computer, but today, I need some me time.  So, here are a bunch of pictures and the update of our family.
   First of all, I just have to share this for fun.  It is one of my most favorite desserts and I had been wanting to do it forever!  Luckily when summer hits, more fruit is in season.  I would've put more fruit, but we just ran out of room.  The kids loved it, and so did Kev and I.  YUM-MAY!



Awhile after the fruit pizza, we had a great trip to the cabin for Memorial Day.  We always have so much fun there.  It's just so nice to relax and enjoy being together with family.  We were kind of chilly, but took a really nice hike on Sunday afternoon that warmed us up.  It was a beautiful view from where we made it, not the top, and fun that Jack was able to figure out how to use Dad's GPS thing.  It was great.


The week after Memorial Day brought more busy-ness for us.  Breanna had finished preschool 2 weeks before Vance was done with school, and that was rough.  So, I promised her we'd do a princess party with some of her friends while Vance was at school so he couldn't bug us.  So, we had a great party with 5 little princesses, and Brigham the Prince, but he slept through most of the party thank goodness.  We played princess bingo, made sparkly necklaces, decorated crowns, ate pink & purple cupcakes, pinned the crown on the frog, and watched Cinderella.  All of the moms and dads I've talked too, said it was an even that the little girls wouldn't stop talking about.  I'm glad they all had fun.  It will be another 6 months before I attempt another party with 5 little kids, on my own.  Although I must admit...I love doing it!
That same day of our princess party, Vance had his "race day" at school.  I was a little sad because it was scheduled to be earlier that week, so I could watch him.  But, because we have had an extremely weird June and it rained like crazy that week, they rescheduled it.  So, I missed his first racing day, but he did very well. He was super excited to tell us that he won 1st place out of all the boys in the P.M Kindergarten.  O.k. for those of you who know me, I was beaming with pride, as running is (was) kind of my thing.  Maybe the little guy will be following in my (once speedy) footsteps.  Way to go Vance!

A couple of weekends ago, we were able to go to my parents' place for a family reunion.  My aunt, who also lives in Melba, was in charge, so we did most everything at the barn.  It was a good weekend but, it seemed to go too fast.  And my camera died half way through the day, so I hardly got any pictures.  I did however get one of Shayla and I.  She's teaching me the art of taking pictures of yourself...how to hold the camera and how to look, etc. (She and her buddies do this on a regular basis.  She is a pro!  Luv you Shay!)  And then I got a pretty good one of the boys doing their performance of "Under the Boardwalk".  Us girls sang, "I feel like a Woman".  Robyn and I sang an old "doo wop" song with my mom and her two sisters as back up singers.  That was pretty fun.  Then, Robyn and her girls Shayla and Kymra, and I, sang a song that Robyn and I wrote for our mom and dad for Christmas this last year.  It was fun.  One of my most favorite things to do is to sing with Robyn.  I don't get to do it enough.  Love ya Rob!  Thanks for the song.


As it always seems, the summer is just going too fast.  We are busy with Vance playing T-ball, (which will be on our next update), Breanna taking dance classes, (her recital is this week, so that will also be on the next update), going to summer movies at the theater every week, playing with friends and getting ready to go on the TREK with our Stake.  Kevin and I have been called as Ma and Pa.  Should be interesting.  Life is not going to slow down any time soon, so I'll try to keep better track of us on the blog.  'Til next time!

2 comments:

Colle said...

That pizza looks so good. I haven't had a fruit pizza in a long time. I am glad you guys have a cabin to get away too! I have to tell you I love self portrait pictures you should see my scrapbooks from high school and college I took a ton. Well I still take them know with my kids. I love when you update!!

Caroline said...

good update, Marissa! you are looking so good these days. And your kids are adorable. I must say, that I can tell from that racing stance that Vance is going to be a fast one!