Thursday, August 5, 2010

One month at a time...JUNE first

Since summer is now practically over, I am finding a little bit of time to blog.  Not much tho, so we'll have to sneak in one month at a time.  Here's our June fun.

First we went with some friends to Salt Lake to the Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolate factory.  It's not very big, but they make some yummy chocolate! Breanna especially loved the free samples.  (So did I actually!)

We kept very busy through part of May, all of June, and the first week of July with Vance playing T-ball.  It was his first year, and boy was he excited.  He had a few friends from Kindergarten and church on his team which made it even more fun.  They had a great season, and played very well.  With his dad and his assistant coach, Vance enjoyed every stinkin' minute of it.  Now he says he wants to be a baseball player when he grows up and hit 20 home runs.  What a good goal!
Towards the end of June his team, the Dodgers, had the opportunity to go to an Ogden Raptors game. There they were able to stand out on the field with the players during the reading of the roster and national anthem.  Vance got to stand with the 3rd baseman, which he thought was pretty cool.  He got his name announced on the loudspeaker just like the "big" boys, which was neat.  He got some autographs after the game too.  I think all the boys loved the experience.

Breanna also had some fun as she finished her dance class and had her recital in June.  This was the absolute most perfect class for her.  There were only 6 girls in her class and it was so non-pressure.  She took it in a woman's fitness club, and that's where the recital was.  They only learned 2 dances and they did each twice, to kind of get their jitters out on the first one.  She did pretty good.  My mom and sister, and her kids came to watch.  Thanks for making it a special night for Brea.


To end the month, we had Kevin's sister from Wisconsin visit with her 2 little girls.  She was going to a class reunion.  Kevin's other sister from Idaho came and visited that weekend as well, so it was a family party.  We kept the little ones here at the house while the bigger ones went swimming, so I didn't get any pictures of Vance and big cousins, but here are some with those 4 & under.
I love this picture!


And as always, we end June with my birthday.  This year was the big 31!  I can't believe it!  I decorated my own cake, because I just find joy in doing it.  I'm not great, but I have fun, and that's all that matters, especially on my birthday right?!?  Kevin spoiled me, as always, and the kids gave great birthday hugs.

So, that was our Happy June.  Next post...July.

1 comment:

Colle said...

I love your cake!! You did a wonderful job! You had a very busy june!!!