Thursday, August 25, 2011

Too much!

As I sit here and think about the gigantic task of blogging pretty much our ENTIRE summer, I'm thinking it's going to take longer than I really want to sit here for.  Don't get me wrong...I LOVE  a good blog, and I am totally bugged with myself for not doing it on a more consistent basis, but we have just done WAAAAYYY too much this summer to blog about it all.  So, I'm going to try and shorten the length my fanny will be in this chair and do a list version instead with a few random pictures...some of my faves.  And to make it a little easier for you all to read, (if there are still those that do) and easier for me to keep track of what I have already mentioned, I will do it in chronological order.  Just by month, the exact week may not be correct. I'm not THAT good. (hee hee!)

MAY

  •  Finished Soccer for Vance and Brea
  •  Brea Graduated from Pre-school
  •   I took all 4 kids to my cute little hometown for the H.S. graduation and state track meet of my oldest niece. Kev had to stay home and work. ;(
  •   I left 3 of my kids and my husband at home while I took Lexie and went with my mom, sister, and above mentioned niece, to Virginia and Washington D.C. for 6 days.  SOOOOOOOOOOO FUN!



JUNE

  • Vance finished 1st Grade
  • Vance, Brea, & Brigham did a 3 week tumbling session. A family tradition.
  • Breanna had her dance recital and did pretty good.
  • Had a family reunion in Morgan, Ut.
  • Laid sod in our front yard--finishing on my birthday!
  • I turned 32




JULY

  • Went to Melba for the 4th of July and spending time with my family.
  • I ran the 6 mile fun run on the 4th.
  • We took a family day-cation to Park City, Ut.
  • Celebrated Clinton City Heritage days with friends.
  • Went to Cour D'Alene Id. with the Nelson family for 4 days
  • Vance and Brea had Swim Lessons
  • Went to the Harker Family Reunion at Heise Hot Springs, Id.



AUGUST

  • Kevin went to Scout Camp
  • I was able to watch 4 of my sister's kids while she and her hubby went on a "business trip" to southern Utah, for 2 days. (This was while Kevin was gone to Scout Camp.  It was me and 8 kids...ages 12 yrs-6mos.  It was AWESOME!)
  • I ran in a 12 person relay from Smithfield, Ut (just north of Logan) to Jackson Hole, WY. SOOOOOOOO Crazy, but SOOOOOOOOO fun!  I ran just over 14 miles.
  • Vance started Fall soccer
  • Brea started Kindergarten, and Vance started 2nd grade.
  • ...And we still have one week left of this month!


(First Day of School Pics, are coming soon!)

Throw into this mix; Park days with friends every Thurs, a few wedding receptions, monthly Girl's night for me, flag football fun for Kevin, Dr appts; at least one for almost each of us, the beginnings of PTA, and of course playing in the sprinklers with friends.

Wow.  What a summer it has been!  I have enjoyed so much of it, it's kind of hard to see it end.  But, I will play the mommy card and say I am excited to have 2 of my 4 kids at school this year. It will be nice to have just the two little ones for a while every day.  Maybe now I can get to some kind of "normalcy".  I don't know if that is do-able for me...I don't think me & NORMAL go all that well together.
 
I hope you all had a fun summer too.

1 comment:

Colle said...

You guys were super busy this summer! I Loved reading the update!