
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
And the new arrival is...
The long awaited day has come and our sweet baby #5 has arrived!! My Dr. was a little nervous about me going in to labor on my own because I was strep B positive. She wanted to make sure that I got the anti-biotic needed during delivery for safety of the baby. So, she wanted to induce labor a few days before my due date. I was trying to go as long as possible, to get some space between birthdays-- with Brigham's on the 12th. So I convinced her to let me go 'til the 18th of March. That morning Kevin and I went to the hospital at 6:30 a.m. and got things moving. To spare you all the boring details, we'll just say that once baby finally decided to come, the delivery went pretty quick. At 3:39pm we welcomed Nelson #5, and our 3rd SON into the world and into our family. It took a little bit of time, hanging out with him to figure out a name, but we decided to name him Cooper Merritt Nelson. His first few days he was very, very sleepy and quiet, but he has now figured out how to be awake for a little bit each day, and he has found his lungs. He is not a happy camper when getting his diaper changed, or when he's hungry. Which both happen quite frequently as a newborn. Hee Hee! But, he really is a sweet baby and the other kids just love him. It took Lexie a few days to warm up to him and figure out that he's here forever and not just some rental we brought home from the hospital. She loves to give him kisses and bring him his binkie--even when he's asleep. Everyone has adjusted very well and we are so happy to have him here! Here are some pictures of his first week. We sure love him a ton already!!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
I love the picture with the wrinkly forehead. So cute! Congrats!
Hello, Marissa!
I can't believe you have 5 kids now! In my book, you are SUPER MOM. Congratulations on your mini-Cooper and moving into a bigger house for your growing family. I'm glad to see you and your family are doing well. Best wishes.
Post a Comment