First, Vance is becoming quite the good helper, which is nice that he figured this out BEFORE the new baby comes. Kevin told me to have him start help with rinsing the dishes for the dishwasher, not just putting them away. I was a little nervous about this because I know how much my little boy loves playing in water and I really didn't want to be cleaning up after a flood. But, to my surprise, Vance got totally upset when I did "his job" of rinsing dishes while he was gone to school. So, I let him do it the next time and he did awesome. He even had a smile on his face the whole time. I'm glad he thinks doing dishes is so fun, because I definately DON'T. This may be one of the only times in his life that he's happy to do this. So, I'm posting it, with the thought that I will remind him of this when he is 14.

Moving on to our cute Brea, she has been very busy this month as well. When we took her to the pediatrician at her 3 year appointment, the Dr. had some concerns about her speech. She is definately not communicating like a 3 year old should and even we were aware of this. He recommended she start Speech therapy through the public school district here, if she qualified. So, she has been tested and we have had meetings with the school district and preschool teachers and she qualified for the Head Start Program. She started school this last week and has been to her first 2 classes. I think it's going to be a fabulous opportunity for her. She needs someone to help her more than I can and I think being in another environment besides home and church is also going to help her learn to follow directions as well. She was soooo excited to go to school. She kept saying "Start school today! Start School today!" all Monday morning. She had no problems leaving mom, which the teachers were grateful for. They didn't know if she would have any separation anxiety. She definately DOES NOT. I asked her for a kiss good-bye, and she said "Love you! Bye-Bye!" gave me a quick kiss, and ran over to circle time. What a stink. She was also excited about her new pink, panda backpack. So, here are the pics of her first official day of school.

I love you Vance & Brea!





2 comments:
Your kids are so cute! Wow, I can't believe how close you are to having the baby!
My brother was in a speech therapy head start class and it worked the wonders for him! Good luck with Brea.
I've been checking every day for the post announcing your new little one...hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer. Atleast you have adorable kids to keep you occupied.
Post a Comment