Thursday, October 21, 2010

September/October

I had a moment to sit and I got thinking that I would like to blog.  Then I realized that September and October so far, were much slower than our summer, and we are pretty much back to boring, regular, busy life.  So, I tried to remember if we did anything fun, and if I took pictures and all I found was a bunch of randomness.  I did however find these stinkin' cute pictures that are just too cute, so I have to post them.


During September I did manage to do a little bit of canning.  I put my Holly-Homemaker skills to work and did 2 bushels of peaches.  I should've done some jam, but I was pooped after standing for 2 days doing peaches and we lost the peaches I was saving for jam.  My appologies to my peach-loving hubby. I am glad that we have a good stash of bottles of peaches.  They are pretty yummy.
  The kids also had their primary program in September.  Vance had a pretty long part, so he didn't have all of it memorized, but he did pretty good.  Brea was tons better this year during the program, as per sitting/standing still and not bothering her neighboring classmates.  Thank goodness for super good primary teachers!  She still made the congregation giggle when she got up to say her part, which she just omitted and decided breathing into the microphone was a better idea. That's my girl!  But, again, with the help of her great teacher, she finally said her 4 words and sat down.
 We went to Kevin's parents' place for the first weekend of October.  We were playing around with the idea of going to the USU v. BYU football game in Logan, since we drove right through, but ended up passing it by. It's probably a good idea that we didn't go.  My husband is a HUGE BYU fan, and was HUGELY upset that they lost to the AGGIES.  And if you all remember correctly, I am a USU Alumni, so of course I have to support my team. I just did it a little quieter and mostly inside myself, so I could continue to be married to Kevin. :)  It ended up being a not-terrible weekend, despite the football conflict.
  Last weekend our school district had "Fall Break" and had 2 days off, so I took my 3 kiddies and left Kevin here by himself, while I went to visit my family.  Unbelieveable as it is, my oldest niece is a senior in H.S. so I went to watch her Senior Night for Volleyball. She is the cutest thing ever.  It was fun to watch the game I love, played in my old "stomping grounds" and I even got to visit with my old Vball coach, which is always fun.  He was like a 2nd dad to me.  Shay did awesome, they won, and I also got to see her again the next night at my nephew's football game.  My awesome sophomore nephew gets to play on the Varsity FB team and he had 2 interceptions. (I will admit I only saw one.) They did NOT win however, but they scored, which is more than what they can say for their homecoming game a few weeks ago.  It was again, fun for me to watch and be at my Alma Mater.
  During the day my mom and dad took my sister and I and the youngest of the kids (all 3 of mine fit into that category and 3 of hers do.) to lunch and then to a super fun farm. I did not bring my camera at all on this trip because the batteries were dead anyway.  But, then I remembered my cell phone has a camera!  Yeah!  So, I was able to send myself some pics.  They are way fun. 
 

We had a good break, but had to leave the next day. Thanks to my sis who brought doughnuts and juice Saturday morning before we left. They made breakfast. :)


  That brings us up to date.  Wow!  I can't believe I am caught up!  And it is probably a good thing because next week, starting with Sunday, we will have a whole lot to blog about! I'll try to be on top of things and get it done in a timely manner.  Til' next time!

1 comment:

Colle said...

That is a cute picture of Brigham at the end! Way to get all caught up!