Friday, May 15, 2009

What's on my brain today...

I realized that a Blog is, especially for mothers, a Brag/Blow-off Steam page. I seem to write when my kids do something super-cute, when I take a great picture, when I come up with a cute idea, or when I am over-loaded and need to let things go and vent. It seems a lot of my friends do the same. So, here's what is on my mind today.
Yesterday we took Brigham to the doctor for his 2 month well-check appointment and he weighs 12 lbs. 4 oz. and has grown 3 inches as well. The doc said he looks great. Then he got his immunizations which he was NOT thrilled about. When Vance saw the nurses come in with the needles, he said "Are you giving him his Kindergarten shots?" Do you think he remembers what happened to him last November? I laughed inside. Then when I got all the kids loaded back in the car after the shots, Vance put his hand on Brigham's little head and said "I know Brigham. Those shots don't feel good." I thought his empathy was pretty sweet. He is such a good big brother.

We are currently trying to really work on the potty-training thing with Breanna. She is doing fairly well, but we have issues with the #2 - to be politically correct and not sound too gross. :) I have rinsed out 6 pair of poopy undies this past week. I love the girl, but MAN, I wish she'd get this down sooner than later. She loved her potty candy - tootsie rolls are her candy of choice at the moment. But, it's just not enough to motivate her to poop on the potty on a regular basis. Any suggestions/advice?

Next thing on my brain...I've been thinking of how I need to adjust my life a little after having child #3. I find myself sleeping in longer than I should and blaming it on getting up during the middle of the night. I'm not cleaning my house like I should, because I'd rather play with Brigham or watch Oprah. I'm totally slacking on Family Home Evening and I feel like I NEVER GET TO DO ANYTHING I WANT TO DO! (Can you hear the 5 year old attitude in that last statement?) I don't have time to read, run, scrapbook, or do much of what I enjoy. I Blog and Facebook, but then I feel guilty that I spent so much time on the computer and should've been doing my dishes or doing something with my kids so that they are not just sitting in front of the T.V. So, I would love to know what YOU, my loving readers, do to make your life fun, enjoyable, and still feel like you are accomplishing what a good lady should. Thanks for the help and now I have "blown-off"' enough. I will go and try to clean something.

Here's the goal!

3 comments:

N. Tipps said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! You just had a baby 2 months ago and you are still getting up at night. You are going to be tired. Just set a goal of a few things you want to get done during the day--like clean a bathroom and go from there. I struggle with this myself, so I know what you mean.

Anne Bennion said...

Hang in there! 3 kids is a major change. There is always someone who has to wait to be helped and it's hard to balance that. Give yourself some time to just enjoy your little guy! Who cares if your house is a little messy! Before Geoff was born someone told me to make a chore chart for the month and only put one thing on each day. It has helped me feel less overwhelmed when it comes to maintaining the house. And good luck with potty training.....the #2 thing is hard to get.

Boualay said...

First, I think you're a GREAT mom! Like I said before, the third kid will rock your world. It took me a good 6-8 months to firmly plant my feet back on the ground. I had to shift my thinking around this time. I basically loosened up with the rigors of domestic duties. If it got done then good, if not then I have tomorrow. Now on with the kids - don't feel guilty if you are doing something for yourself (for a reasonable amount time) because you have take care of yourself to give back yourself to them. There's no such a thing as a balancing act, only prioritization. And sometimes they (your list) have to change on a regualar basis or even on a daily basis. This too, shall pass, dear friend.