Friday, January 28, 2011

The things you forget...

There is a whole lot that I have forgotten about being a new mom.  You'd think I would be better prepared since it was less than 2 years ago that I was doing this exact same thing.  Here are a few things I have forgotten. (and some of them were probably for good reason, or we may not have a Lexie. ha ha!)

*The first sneeze after having a child is...not the greatest feeling.

*The first week of nursing is...also not the greatest feeling.

*The floor is a whole lot harder than I remember it being.  I should sit on a cushioned chair more.

*Changing little newborn bums, is a whole different ball game. Especially when we're used to an almost 2 year old bum.

*Newborns may not be finished filling their diaper...even when you think they are.  I need to be quicker, or a little more patient.

*It takes a while to get a newborn in their carseat and all bundled up in the winter.  I need to adjust my timing, so we can get to places on time.

*The binky, on the first outing. Now what do you do when she's screaming!?

*The burp rag, on the first outing.  What do you do when she is spitting up everything she ate before you left the house!?

*A new mother CANNOT hold it too long if you need to go.

(now for the good stuff)
*New babies smell AWESOME!!! (when they are wearing a clean diaper mind you.)

*New babies make the best cuddle buddies.

*Every "new" experience makes you smile.

*People over load you with good food, so you feel like you are still pregnant. :)

*It's the only time you smile when your baby is crying. Newborn cries are so cute! (except maybe shrill screams in the wee morning hours.)

*I've already forgotten how "fun" labor and delivery is.  It's totally overshadowed by how much I LOVE THIS LITTLE GIRL!

1 comment:

N. Tipps said...

Oh...the sneezing. Thanks for the reminder. :)